s

Friday, January 20, 2006

Mr. Moore's Pitch

This might be a tad convincing, if only:

(1) Mr. Moore kindly explained the "ways at the polls to have your voices heard other than throwing the baby out with the bath-water."

(2) The election of the Conservatives actually did constitute a "conquest" of G.W.B. Last time I checked, Harper was quick to point out areas of disagreement with the Bush administration. Just a sign of simplistic grandstanding and demeaning hyperbole.

(3) Harper wasn't far more moderate than anyone ever in the running to be Governor of Utah.

Thanks for coming out though. Just don't panic too much when you see the returns, Mike. Canada will be just fine. As for your government...

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Fox said...

Stephen Harper would be left wing by American standards.

In Canada, I'm a hard-core Conservative. In the 'States, I wouldn't be a Republican.

12:11 PM  
Blogger The Tiger said...

Toronto Tory --

It's very hard to pin people down on a left-right scale.

But I disagree -- I think Harper would be a libertarian-style Republican if he were American.

I'm on the liberalish side of the CPC, but I think that I'm a Republican down here...

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home