s

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Anything Goes

No, not this Liberal Party of Canada's philosophy when it comes to keeping their tight grip on power, but my ironic destination for this crucial evening of Canadian politics.

Many lines from the show will (in my head anyway) be strikingly appropriate and hysterically laughable. Just one example?

[Martin to Stronach, or Murphy to Grewal:]

"So though I'm
Not a great romancer,
I know that you're bound to answer
When I propose, Anything Goes."

All the best to Ahab's anoraks in the Speaker's gallery - Sir PK and BNS, esq - I expect some heckling boys! Kidnap one of the Liberal backbenchers, ply them with booze, whatever it takes to force the election!! PK use that influence on the Speaker. That would be the shocker to end 'em all!

Oh my (exclamation points!).
How unnatural an obsession we have with this stuff.
(Much) more after the show tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Tiger said...

Musicals? Going the direction of Mark Steyn, MacDuff?

I thought Roy Orbison was more appropriate, myself. :-)

But yes, the more old-fashioned stuff is very suitable.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home