s

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Pride

"Canada has become the third country in the world to officially sanction same-sex marriage."

Says it all, doesn't it? Nothing like being ahead of the curve. Well done, my country. Makes me even happier to celebrate your birthday this Friday (if that were possible). Congratulations to all those who fought this battle in the courts, to the courageous judges who made the critical decisions, and to the 158 MPs who voted "aye" on third and final reading. A historic and great moment long overdue, but - in what might be the unofficial motto of this blog - good things do come to those who wait.

Well done.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I am so proud to be Canadian today.

This is fantastic.

And I'm straight!

10:40 PM  
Blogger James Bow said...

Apropos of nothing: look for my response to your Doctor Who comment from a week ago to appear on my blog later tonight. Thanks for getting me thinking.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Jason Cherniak said...

When Young Liberals first proposed this to the party in the 90s, they were attacked with people asking "what, are you gay?" To see how much opinions can change in just a decade is unbelievable. It give me hope for the US.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home