s

Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Most Beautiful Song

Oh, and while I remain on hiatus, here is a question for the 3 people who still read this - the most beautiful song of all time debate. It's a great question to throw out there, because no two people will agree. CG has always favored Bono's "One", which is a good if cliched choice. Before you mock it, try and pick a better one. Trust me, it's tough.

I have a few though, after careful thought. I have always loved the JCash version of SG's "Bridge over Troubled Water" (sail on, silver girl) as a great nominee. But listening to a random garage band tonight, I have another. And oh so Canadian.

"Wheat Kings". Listen to it and love it. The most beautiful song of all time? Difficult to say? The most beautiful Canadian song of all time? Indeed. As an enormous fan of Lightfoot and Stan the Man, I don't say that lightly. I wish Barrett's wasn't so overplayed. But the Hip win this category in my mind. Bring out your challengers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Persico said...

I think the most beautiful song of all time is by Nick Drake. The one and only. Song off of the Pink Moon album. Track 5- Horn. Amazing.

:)

5:22 AM  
Blogger J. A. MacDuff said...

Shari - how you found this post that quickly is astounding. you are wrong on the song, of course, but one of your interest is "sad eyes". That in itself is glorious. Drinks are on me on your trip up East.

Can you score us tickets to Jim Nabors' outstanding, inevitable version of "Back Home Again" circa May?

5:42 AM  
Blogger Persico said...

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and disagree with your disagreement upon the best song ever.

Your opinion is wrong.

6:02 AM  
Blogger daveberta said...

Good post.

"Look at Me" by John Lennon is definately up there.

We agree Johnny's "Bridge over Troubled Water" is up there.

Also, "Tennesee Waltz" by the Hollie Cole Trio is one as well.

4:07 PM  
Blogger daveberta said...

Also... "Light up the World" by Ruthie Foster

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home