s

Friday, February 11, 2005

Quote of the (Fri)day

Tomorrow's vote is most definitely anti-climactic: we have known for weeks now that former Vermont Governor Howard Dean will be the new Chairman of the DNC, capping quite a comeback for Ahab's old friend. Nay-sayers on the right who are familiar only with the caricature of Dean as a crazy-eyed, screaming, hard left pacifist have responded predictably, underestimating the savvy of the good doctor and his surprising political maturity over the past year. I wish him all the best as he tackles the tough job ahead. He certainly has my confidence. Here's an old quote that does well to encapsulate the man and his strategy going forward:

"Look, I'm not a perfect person. I have my warts. I sometimes say things that get me in trouble. I wear suits that are cheap. But I say what I think and I believe what I say, and I'm willing to say things that are not popular but ordinary people know are right."
Give 'em hell, Howard. He's got his party back. Now will the country follow?

2 Comments:

Blogger CityTV Watcher said...

Amen.

1:17 PM  
Blogger The Tiger said...

MacDuff, you're blogging too? Awesome!

Greetings from Nepal, by the way. Oh, and yes, it'll be darned interesting with Dean at the DNC (did he win, by the way?).

All best,
Ben

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home