s

Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Krugmanomicon

I've been disgusted by the hard-core Republican right's attempts to spruce up Nixon's image by castigating Mark 'Deep Throat' Felt as a traitor and a coward. Felt is neither. So I was amused to read Brad DeLong's amusing entry the other day on 'the Order of the Shrill,' which quotes another blogger's realization that there are, in fact, some big-time idiots out there. Incredibly, yesterday I read not only the preposterous Peggy Noonan column in question, but also HP Lovecraft's short story 'The Call of Cthulhu,' which is the key to understanding DeLong's post. And I read 'Cthulhu' based on an article in The Guardian highlighted by Colby Cosh. Hence, the blogosphere is once again vindicated for its unerring ability to waste my time, all the while providing dear serendipity.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Tiger said...

For what it's worth, I think this is the line to take.

Whatever you think of his personal motives, Felt did the nation a great service.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home